The weather keeps playing tricks on us so far this fall/winter here in The Ozarks. One day it is 28 degrees and by the end of the week we end up around 68 degrees. With the temperatures and precipatation changing daily, sometimes hourly, we need to make sure our homes are prepared for such drastic changes. Zach Miller, a “Green Living” expert agent here at Murney Associates has provided us with some great and simple tips on winterizing your home.
20 Simple Winterization Tips For Your Home
1) Block drafts at bottom of doors with door sweeps
2) Change your dirty air filter in your furnace/hvac system
3) Provide proper servicing of heating system by qualified hvac technician
4) Seal leaky ductwork, possibly insulate, for your heating/cooling system
5) Use ceiling fans in reverse to circulate rising hot air
6) Consider using safe additional heat sources for rooms and spaces
7) Try turning your thermostat down a couple of degrees
8) Install and correctly use a programmable thermostat
9) Provide proper caulking/weather stripping of windows & doors
10) Stop air leaks around drafty windows with a clear plastic product
11) Add proper insulation to attic, walls, & ceilings where applicable
12) Make sure recessed lighting, ceilings fans, & fixtures are sealed from attic
13) Install and use an energy monitor to analyze your energy consumption
14) Keep fireplace damper closed & sealed when not in use
15) Clean out your rain gutters to help prevent ice & water damage
16) Insulate your water supply pipes under your home & exposed areas
17) Use proper spray foam to fill holes, gaps, & cracks where applicable
18) Drain exterior faucets, remove hose bibs, install frost free spigots
19) Repair roof leaks: shingles, around vents, piping, & fireplace
20) Wear warmer clothes, use blankets, & cover your feet while at home
About Us: With homes in Springfield MO, Ozark MO, Nixa MO and surrounding southwest Missouri areas, Murney Associates produces more real estate sales in Springfield and Southwest Missouri than any other real estate firm. Murney Associates is the largest independent real estate company in Springfield Missouri and is ranked in the Top 100 in the nation by Real Estate Magazine. We are locally owned yet nationally recognized for our award-winning real estate performance.
We have the largest number of realtors in Springfield MO than any other real estate firm. And with commercial real estate in Springfield MO and surrounding areas, Murney Commercial Realtors can also help you find your next business location.
We can facilitate a stress-free move for you and your family to any of the homes in Springfield and its surroundings areas. Murney wants to exceed your expectations, because our clients always come first!